Friday, November 12, 2010

Bye bye birdie...

Or, bye bye sadness!
I think I'm back to normal. Haha, just yesterday I thought my world was crashing down on me. Humph. Now I know it's not, and it wasn't.

I've GOT to write some of the things down that happen at the school I'm working at.

Today one of my favorite kids said this in his South Korean accent.
"I hate this class. I must destroy this class."
So, he's this scrawny 13-year-old with glasses and kind of mutters this. I was cracking up inside. I would say that one of my biggest challenges sometimes is staying on task because the kids are so fun and funny!

A couple weeks ago I was helping Antonio (names have been changed) in his Spanish class, I turned around for 1 minute and next thing I know he's gagging because he swallowed his lollipop- stick and all! What the heck was he thinking?! It was so funny after the fact, when we realized he'd be fine.

Stuff like this happens all the time. I love those kids. It makes me wonder if I'd like being a teacher, I don't know. It seems like most of the teachers are so serious and stressed out- except for the one I am an aide for, she is an exceptional teacher.

If being a teacher meant I couldn't laugh and have fun with the kids every once in a while then, No, I wouldn't like to be a teacher. But, I don't think it means that. I'd need to go back to school though... hmm.

Anyways, for now, I LOVE my job. I just wish I could work more than the district allotted time of 15 hours a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment