Wednesday, July 25, 2012

better

Yesterday was hard again, but better.  I am already seeing results.  I slept better last night and woke up feeling really good.  I handled Sarah's crying and messed up sleeping schedule way better than ever.  I spoke Spanish really well with the missionaries- probably not related to my eating but what the heck.  I feel more calm and confident knowing I'm doing something very hard and have kept my commitments almost perfectly.  WE ARE SAVING MONEY- those snack foods I was used to are expensive! I'm getting SO MUCH MORE DONE.  I ran 2 errands yesterday that I'd been want to run for weeks.  I'm writing again, which I've been wanting to do more of for months.  Life is just better.  I'm so glad!

It's been so nice to have the support of family and (Facebook) friends through the Commit To Be Fit! Beachbody Team.  When I want to complain I can go there and vent and there's a good chance that someone else has been through the same thing.  I have a member of my family calling me every day of the week to ask me how I am keeping my commitment to the P90X portion plan to help me remain accountable and have something to look forward to.  That's helping a lot and makes me love and appreciate my family even more.

I am only 3 days into this and have learned so much.  Here's to the next *28 days!

*I am doing a month-long portion plan as a goal to accomplish before a big family vacation the end of August.  Ideally I'd do the whole 90 days but I have a fear of too much commitment to something I think will be too hard so I've committed to 31 days and we'll see what I can commit to after that!

Photo taken in 2010 by H and B PHOTOGRAPHY

1 comment:

  1. Minta, this is so great!!!! Good for you! Seriously, after reading your previous post it has started making me think that I need to eat healthier and stop snacking all the time. Ever since having Blaze my body just has not been the same and it really gets to me a lot but not enough for me to really commit to do anything about it. Until now! So after reading your post I thought "I should try to do that." So as of today I am going to change! I'm not doing the portion plan you're talking about but I'm going to eat healthier and stop snacking. I'm also starting an exercise routine that I'll (hopefully) stay committed to. We'll see what happens! To stay accountable though I am going to keep a blog I can report to. I'm going to keep it private but if you want to read it let me know and I can add you. I am sure you will be great encouragement! Thanks for pushing me to do this without even knowing it! :)

    ReplyDelete