Monday, February 15, 2010

joy from knowing

With your own testimony of God, you will be able to bless your family, your posterity, your friends, your own life—all those you love. Your personal knowledge of God is not only the greatest gift you will ever give, but it will bring you the greatest joy you will ever have.

Elder Robert D. Hales (an Apostle of Jesus Christ)

When I am depressed, knowing that there is a God helps a lot. Making someone else happy is a good treatment for depression and Elder Hales says that our knowledge of God is the best gift to someone. So, I'm going to share it with YOU in hopes I make you happy and in turn treat my depression. (yes, I have ulterior motives to sharing my testimony, but that's the best I can do right now!) God does love us and is a perfected human. He sees us and hears us. He is even with us. He is a perfect Father; forgiving, compliment-giving, loving, confident in you, happy when you succeed, sad when you're down, encouraging, won't give up on you, won't let you down, makes promises He will definitely keep, is working to prepare a place for YOU in Heaven for when it's your time, helps you, thinks you're funny, thinks you're good at what you try to do (dance, sing, speak, write, draw, imagine, dream), and more.

God is all these things to me and I believe He is that and more to all of us in the whole world. So, try it out, talk to Him and then ask Him to show you what He is to you. It can help someone that is depressed and someone who isn't.

1 comment: