Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Love and Depression

When I'm depressed, I have less energy, little confidence in myself and others and I'm usually desperate for support from others and inspiration to keep trying (to work, exercise, get out of bed, do homework, buy groceries... you know, the normal stuff). My Mother loved me through my depressed years as a teenager and then my friends became a tangible supplement to her love when I went to college. Most of all, God's love helps me. And I think it comes through others, but sometimes it comes all by itself, when I'm praying for help or just praying because I wish I didn't feel like I do. This is a great quote about the power of Love when someone is depressed.
There is nothing as
energizing, as
confidence-building, as
sustaining
as the
power of love.
Love has the power to overcome
fear,
worry and
discouragement.
Gordon B. Hinckley in his book, Standing for Something
Gordon B. Hinckley was one of the now 16 Prophets of the LDS faith, starting with Joseph Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment