Thursday, February 3, 2011

Going to bed the AM... the really AM

(This post was written January 1st, 2011)

2:42, Just finished my chicken noodle soup and pickles. Took my pre-natal vitamin. Know I will want to remember this night. Started work 4:15pm, 110 people fed a 5 course meal + wine orders and very happy. Insanity in the kitchen, I did my best and tried to help where I could. Us newbies got it pretty bad, but the oldies had to pick up our slack... they got it worse. Celebrated the New Year with co-workers while texting "Happy New Year!" and "I love you!" to Michael. My text from him read, "I love you too beautiful" (enough to melt the heart at midnight and dead on your feet!) Made a decent amount of money. Grateful for patient and understanding co-workers.

So, why was it such a hard night? I ate 1 roll and was able to make 1 bathroom visit (the only time I sat down) in 6 hours. It would have been easier I think had there not been an olive-sized human sucking up all the nutrients he/she could inside my belly... but oh how happy I am to have him/her there!

When I got home M was asleep and then delerious (Me: Hey hun, you asleep? M: Yeah, what are you doing? Me: I just got home. M: From where?) While we snuggled I did my "just got home and I'll tell you everything about my day in 2 minutes spiel" I told him how much I had to pray. There were times I thought I'd lose it while I brought out the ribs or when I couldn't "hold it" any longer but we were so busy I didn't dare ask to run outside, across the street, to our cozy bathroom. There were times I was so parched and dizzy but another order needed to be taken out.

When I think about it, tonight was one of those nights that God must let me have to say to me, "Look, you can do hard things...even when you're pregnant."

I'm not sure what will change if anything once I spill the glorious beans about my pregnancy with my boss and co-workers. But, I will always remember (because I'm writing this post!) that I did hard things on New Years Eve 2010/2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment