Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happiness like my mission

(This Post Was Written Dec. 29, 2010)

Yesterday I felt happier than I have in years. I was sitting outside eating some mac n' cheese looking at the mountains and listening to Carrie Underwood and all of the sudden I felt like I felt on my mission- content, peaceful, satisfied and also hungry to love and serve others. I knew I'd come to that feeling some day in my marriage, I just didn't know it would come so soon. I figured I'd reach that level of happiness when we were old and serving a mission together. But, it happened now. I'm in my 9th week of pregnancy, Michael has just 3 more semesters left at BYU and we live in an apartment a few blocks south of campus. I'm so grateful for that feeling... it's a gift from God. I think it was God's way of telling me that this journey of having a child will be a selfless, difficult, rewarding, heart-wrenching and heart-expanding journey... just like my mission was. I can't wait!

Me with a family that was baptized on my mission

M and I after our celebration dinner at Los Hermanos the
night we found out we were expecting

1 comment:

  1. That is so wonderful Minta! I am happy to know that you are happy!!! You deserve all the goodness you can possibly get!

    ReplyDelete